First App Privacy Statement
FirstApp collects location data only when initiated by a user action. Location data is only collected if the Fibre Checker feature in the app is activated by the user of the app. No other feature in the app relies on location data. Features in the app the use location in the background:
General Privacy Statement
First Technology Digital (hereafter “us”, 'we', or 'our') respects your privacy and the protection of your personal information is important to us. We are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection, In accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPI”).
This Privacy Statement describes how we collect, use, disclose, and protect your personal information, and your rights in this regard, specifically in relation to the website we operate, with URL www.firsttech.digital and any Applications which we may partially or wholly develop, manage, or offer, which include but are not limited to: POPICheck (the “Apps”).
By using the Site and/or Apps, you consent to the collection, usage, processing, and storage of personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and/or in compliance with the law.
Your personal information that is collected by the Site and/or Apps may be used for the following purposes:
4.1. To register you for inclusion in our service and/or Apps; to fulfil your requests; to investigate and/or address your
queries/correspondence; to contact you to obtain or provide information with respect to transactions; to process
transactions; to verify the accuracy of our records; or to contact you regarding customer satisfaction surveys;
4.2. In relation to the ordering, purchase and/or sale, and delivery of goods and/or services;
4.3. To contact you regarding newsletters, new features, special offers, promotional competitions, goods or services, or any
other products offered by us, our affiliates or our partners, (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material
from us, which you may do at any time);
4.4. For record-keeping purposes;
4.5. The fulfillment of any contractual or legal obligation;
4.6. The pursuit of any contractual or legal right;
4.7. To improve our goods, services, and your experience on our Site and/or Apps, for example, by processing technical
information such as your browser version and operating system;
4.8. To provide us with a better understanding of our target market, for example, processing information gathered through
cookies and code;
4.9. For the purposes of research and statistics to assist in our business operations;
4.10. Some voluntarily-provided personally-identifiable information may be captured for a specific, clearly-defined/obvious
purpose, and processed in accordance with and in furtherance of this purpose;
5. You consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following third parties, for the purposes stated below:
5.1. Any applicable third party necessary for the outsourcing of/assistance with any of the abovementioned functions/purposes,
or in pursuit of fulfilling the abovementioned functions/purposes or part thereof;
5.2. To our employees and/or third-party service providers who assist us in interacting with you for the ordering, purchase
and/or sale and delivery of goods and/or services;
5.3. To law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe, in good faith,
that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected
5.4. To our contracted service providers, who assist us with our business operations. These service providers are contractually
mandated to only process your information in terms of POPI and for the specified purpose;
5.5. To our suppliers, in order for them to liaise directly/indirectly with you/us, in the event of you submitting a warranty
claim/complaint/query/other correspondence regarding any goods or services which may require their involvement.
6. We take the confidentiality of your personal information seriously, and we will ensure that all of our employees, third party service
providers, divisions, partners, and any other people or entities, who may have access to your personal information, are bound by
confidentiality and POPI compliance agreements in relation to all personal information we share with them.
6.1. Whilst we take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot accept any liability whatsoever for
unauthorised or unlawful disclosures/processing of your personal information, made by/as a result of third parties who are
not subject to our control.
6.2. We do not regulate or control third parties, and if you disclose your personal information to a third party, we cannot accept
personal information with them.
7. You agree to the transfer of your personal information to countries outside of South Africa and/or your country of residence, which
have different data protection rules than in South Africa and/or your country, for the purposes of current or potential future business
operations or opportunities.
8. Our Site and/or Apps do not offer information intended to attract children. We do not knowingly solicit personal information from
children under the age of majority.
Collection, Use, and Retention of Personal Information
9. We may collect your information directly from you, or from a range of other sources, in accordance with the law. While using our
Site and/or Apps, we may request that you provide us with certain personal information that can be used to contact or identify you.
Personal information may include, but is not limited to: Full names, age, date of birth, ID number, comprehensive contact details,
postal and physical addresses, banking details, financial details, credit history, purchasing history, details of income, job title,
employer, employment history, your location, and your device information.
10. Where you provide personal information of someone else to us on the Site and/or the Apps, or in any other manner or on any
other platform, you agree that you have obtained the necessary consent of those people/businesses/entities to share that
information with us.
11. Where possible, we will indicate when the disclosure of information is mandatory as opposed to voluntary.
12. Your personal information will be retained in accordance with any agreement between us and POPI, and by continuing to use our
Site and/or Apps, and/or by providing us with personal information, you agree that we may retain that information for as long as it is
necessary for current or potential future business operations and/or opportunities with you, after which time it will be duly
13. You have the right to:
13.1. Request that we confirm whether or not we have records of your personal information, and to request that we provide you with a copy thereof, alternatively, that we correct, update or delete these records. Such requests may be subject to the payment of a legally allowable fee;
13.2. Object to the processing of your personal information;
13.3. Object to automated decision-making and profiling;
13.4. Unsubscribe from direct marketing; and
13.5. Withdraw your consent to process your personal information.
14. Your rights in this regard may be exercised by contacting us on Legal@firsttech.co.za
15. You further have the right to lodge a complaint with the Regulator if you believe we are interfering with the protection of your
personal information. The Regulator may be contacted telephonically (on 010 023 5207), or via email (on firstname.lastname@example.org).
16. We collect Log Data whenever you visit/use our Site and/or Apps. This Log Data may include, but is not limited to, information such
as your computer's Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site and/or Apps that you visit and
for how long, and the time and date of your visit.
17. In addition, we may share your information with third-party service providers that collect, monitor and analyse this information.
These third-party service providers may perform a variety of tasks on our behalf, including but not limited to processing payment,
data analytics and research, electronic message delivery, and website hosting. However, we do not share your personal
information with third parties (other than service providers acting on our behalf) unless we have a lawful basis for doing so, and
when sharing your personal information with third-party service providers, we take all reasonable measures to ensure that your
personal information remains secure.
18. “Cookies” are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier, generated by a website, and
saved on your computer’s hard drive by your browser.
your on-going access to and use thereof, and to allow us to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow us to
improve the functionality and your experience of the Site and/or Apps.
20. You can change your browser settings to refuse all cookies, but as a result, you may not be able to view, access, or use all parts of
our Site and/or Apps. By continuing to use our Site and/or by not disabling “cookies”, you are deemed to consent to our use of any
personal information collected using those cookies.
21. The security of your personal information is important to us, and we have adopted commercially reasonable security measures to
protect your personal information, including reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures. Only authorised
staff have access to your personal information, and are required to honour its confidentiality. However, no method of electronic
transmission or storage is 100% secure, and despite taking all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot
guarantee its full and absolute security, and by continuing to use our Site and/or Apps, and/or in providing us with your
information, you agree that you will not hold us liable for data leaks that may occur.
22. We will notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information. Should you
become aware of such a privacy breach, you agree that you will take all necessary steps to mitigate any damage that may occur
as a result thereof.
23. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us and/or the personal information you have provided to us is no longer
secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Privacy Statement Amendments
24. We reserve the right to amend or update our Privacy Statement, and such amendments will be clearly reflected on the Site and/or
Apps, which you may view at any time. Your continued use of the Site and/or Apps after amendments are made to the Privacy
Statement will constitute your acknowledgment of and consent to the amendments.
25. You use the Site and/or Apps at your own risk, and assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from use of the Site
and/or Apps or reliance on any information thereon.
30. Whilst we take reasonable measures to ensure that the content of the Site and/or Apps is accurate, we make no representations
or warranties, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of the Site and/or App or as to the
accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information thereon. If any such representations or warranties are made by our
representatives, we will not be bound thereby.
31. We do not accept liability for any damage or loss arising from your access to or use of the Site and/or Apps and/or any content
therein, unless otherwise provided by law.
32. Any views or statements made or expressed on the Site and/or Apps are not necessarily our views, or the views of our directors,
employees and/or agents.
representation that the information or files available on the Site and/or Apps are free of viruses, spyware, malware, trojans,
destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, destroy, compromise, disrupt, disable, harm, jeopardise or
otherwise impede in any manner the operation, stability, security functionality or content of your computer system, computer
network, hardware or software in any way.
34. If you have any queries or concerns with regards to our Privacy Statement, kindly contact us at Legal@firsttech.co.za